- Alioum Kada was in charge and masterminded Gazelle FA’s rapid rise from a regional championship club to an Elite One club within a year and helped them reach the semi-final of the Cup of Cameroon
- During Gazelle’s Elite One promotion campaign, Marius Kalgon Kada finished as one of their top scorers
- Alexis Yougouda Kada was Gazelle FA’s top scorer in their maiden season in the MTN Elite One championship
- Carlos Kada, a graduate of the Cotonsport Academy scored his first goal for the club in match day eight of the MTN Elite One championship
- Carlos, Marius and Alexis have all scored this season – becoming the first trio from the same lineage to score in the competition in the same season
The Kada family is the highest represented family in the MTN Elite One championship this season. This is because there are four of its children doing well in the competition this term.
Forward Carlos Kada of Cotonsport of Garoua plus brothers Yougouda Kada, Marius Kalgon Kada and coach Alioum Kada all of Gazelle FA are enjoying the time of their lives on the pitch.
In their season opener, coach Alioum Kada picked Marius Kalgon Kada to partner Alexis Yougouda Kada in attack and it worked for them. Yougouda scored the winner, benefiting from a cross from Kalgon to earn a 1-0 win against Union Sportive of Douala.
Carlos Kada scored in Cotonsport’s 2-0 win against Fovu of Baham on match day eight of the championship to become the third of the Kadas to score at least a goal in the competition this campaign.
The goal from the youngest of the trio of attackers meant for the first time in the history of the MTN Elite One championship three brothers had scored for two different clubs in the same season.
Carlos’ goal for Cotonsport added to two goals scored by Kalgon while elder brother Yougouda counts three goals this term for Gazelle FA.
Besides scoring goals, their elder brother, Alioum Kada, who previously played for Yong Sports Academy of Bamenda is doing well as head coach of Gazelle. Coach Alioum is following the fourth-place debut season in the top-flight championship with a mid table run in his second season.
Surprisingly for the case of those on the pitch, all three forwards have a link with Cotonsport as Yougouda, the CAF Champions League top scorer in the Cotonites running to the semi-final and Kalgon previously played for the record champions.
Over the years there have been some interesting stories of brothers in the Cameroonian top tier championship. The likes of Jules Denis Onana and Elie Onana, the Wirikom brothers, the Nkwenti brothers and the Mokake brothers and more but have achieved a lot in the domestic championship none has come close to the feat set by the Kada family.
Whatever happens this season, the Kadas have created history and inked their family name in gold.
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written, or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from our management.
This site is not responsible for the content displayed by external sites