By Brian Mboh
Motomby Mbome Emmanuel emerged winner of the presidential elections, at the helm of the Cameroon Athletics Federation in Yaounde, on Thursday, November 8,2022.
The senior treasury controller, was elected for another two year- tenure, in a highly contested election. After spending eight years as President.
Of the 126 member electorate, the lone Anglophone candidate won 91 votes, while his runner up, Etong Leonie had 33 votes and Ange Sama came last with 2 votes.
Reacting to his triumph at the end of Thursday’s election, the politician said;
“I am very happy for today’s victory. And l say thank you, to all the delegates. My hands are and will always remain open to collaborate with my opponents. I call on Elong Leonie and Ange Sama to come join me, so we can rally our forces for the betterment of the discipline”.
” l know it’s going to be a daunting task, but being in the midst of people who have a good mastery of the affairs, is a guarantee for success for the next two years,” Mbome Emmanuel said.
The President elect, officially announced the date for the Mount Cameroon Race of Hope, to take place on February 25,2023 in Buea.
Motomby Mbome Emmanuel has as prospects for 2023 the following;
– The Launching of a Foundation for the Cameroon Athletics Federation (CAF), to take care of the athletes needs, under the “SAVE THE DREAM” program to be funded by the Qatar Foundation.
– The completion of the file, for the creation of the International Center for Harizontal Jumps in Yaounde.
– Reinforcement of the Solidarity Fund for elite athletes
– The relaunch of the ATHLETSTARS program, which will reward the best athletes, partners, officials and supervisors.
– The creation of four athletics development zones, with zone 1: Centre-South-East (4 tracks), zone 2: Adamawa-North-Far North(3 tracks), zone 3: Littoral-South West (6 tracks) and zone 4: West-North West (3 tracks).
To accompanied the one time former interim Mayor of the Buea Council , in his giant project at the Cameroon Athletics Federation are; Mbous Jacques Sebastien, senior civil administrator to serve as First Vice-President, Charles Kouoh Kotte as Secretary General and Ada Antoinette as Head of Financial Affairs.
Copyright 2022© kick442.com.
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcasted, written in full or in parts, without a written permission from our management.
This site is not responsible for the content displayed by external sites.
Leave a Reply