The Executive Committee of the African Beach Soccer Union held a virtual meeting on 12th Feb 2023 to deliberate on beach soccer on the continent and the roadmap of activities for the year.
1. The Committee has decided to focus on club and women’s beach soccer development. ABSU plans to organize competitions for clubs on the continent this year.
2. The ABSU leadership confirmed that the club competition could not hold in Nigeria due to the upcoming General Elections in the Country. However, Angola has expressed interest to host the club competition later in the year.
3. On women and youth development, ABSU’s 2nd Vice President, Peggy Freminot requested that the Beach Soccer program of 2022 be carried forward to 2023. She also requested that the Secretariat help make effort to get more information and data on Women’s Beach Soccer clubs and programs in Africa to assist her Committee planning.
4. The Executive Committee discussed the need to engage national teams that have qualified for the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup in Dubai, UAE, and assist in their preparations and planning through its programs.
5. Members further discussed the African Beach Games scheduled for this year ahead of the 2023 World Beach Games coming up later in the city of Bali, Indonesia.
6. Furthermore, the EXCO agreed on the need for a capacity-building program with Beach Soccer Worldwide (BSWW). The training in the areas of Coaches / Referees, media, marketing, event management, and operations, shall commence soon.
7. The virtual meeting had in attendance ABSU President, Mahmud Hadejia (NIGERIA) Vice President, Deo Mutabaazi;(UGANDA), 2nd Vice President, Peggy Freminot, and; Head of Competitions, Ibrahima Ndiaye Chita (SENEGAL); and ABSU Admin, Saraki Ola Rasheed. (NIGERIA)
Absent with apology: Taye Olajide, ABSU General Secretary, and Ali Mwebe
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcasted, written in full or parts, without a written permission from our management
This site is not responsible for contents displayed by external sites
Leave a Reply