By Ahimbisibwe Ambrose
Sports Writer, kick442.com Uganda.
1. There’s great improvement across the Asian and Arab countries. Their football has tremendously improved and they are proving to be good competitors. At least for now.
2. African nations, despite scoring 2 goals across 5 games, have displayed some good football. A positive we can take further into this tournament. However, they need to address the goalscoring issue and be braver.
3. The tournament is lacking quality from the supposed strikers. Bar a few of them who have risen to the occasion, most strikers are still firing blanks. An area that needs massive improvement.
4. The world cup promises more drama And flair. From Saudi Arabia’s shock win over Argentina, Japan’s win over the Germans, the pre-match and post-match antics from European nations, the massive additional time, and the Strong performances from Spain, France, and England, which are the biggest so far.
5. France doesn’t look like a team interested in the champions world cup curse. They have won the first game and I don’t see them losing any in the group stages. They will surely advance.
6. Tactical battles are getting more and more interesting as seen. There’s a good level of tactical awareness from the managers. It’s interesting and refreshing to see.
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcasted, written in full or in parts, without a written permission from our management
This site is not responsible for contents displayed by external sites